MAX Vertical PrePacker (VPP)
The MAX Vertical PrePacker-VPP vertical bagging system is an efficient, automated polybagger dedicated to prepack order fulfillment. Protect your prepacked items from dust and other irritants by integrating a Tension VPP into your distribution center.
Rated at speeds above typical hand-packing operations, the VPP improves your throughput and efficiency.
- Customizable to your specific operation.
- Proven, field-tested MAX 20™ technology.
- Clear bags for fast product identification.
- Manuals and video clips on the HMI for quick troubleshooting.
- Off-the-shelf parts to keep costs down.
The automated VPP can be used in a variety of industries, including e-commerce, catalog, direct response TV, order fulfillment clothing and soft goods, nutraceuticals or spare parts.
On the Move
Integrate Tension’s automated MAX™-VPP vertical prepack bagger into your prepack operation to speed up your overall packing process and keep your distribution center’s products clean and safe.
How It Works: Pack and Seal
The simple operation of the VPP boosts your operator’s productivity - driving down labor costs per package. To operate:
- The operate initiates the cycle.
- Bag grippers and vacuum assist open the polybag.
- The operator places the contents into the bag.
- Using the standard foot switch or optional light curtain, the operator initiates the bag sealing process.
- The completed package drops into a Gaylord or integrated take-away conveyor.
Downtime is kept to a minimum - material changeovers are easy, facilitating short runs and using multiple bag sizes. Turn your VPP into a MAX™ 20 by adding a printer and print barcodes, graphics and alphanumeric text directly onto the bags.
This system is well suited for many prepack operations:
- direct response TV,
- order fulfillment clothing and soft goods prepack,
- pharmaceuticals, and
- spare parts distribution.
Tension can create and configure workstations specific to your operation along with both infeed and take-away conveyor system options. Contact Tension to learn more about how the VPP can make an immediate impact on your operation.
- Max 12™ Bag sizes - 2" x 4" up to 12" x 25"
- Max 20™ Bag sizes - 2" x 4" up to 20" x 30"
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- Electrical: 110 VAC, 50/50/Hz
- 15/4 Amps
- Air Feed: 5 CFM/80 PSI of clean dry air
- Pass through: up to 6"
- Bag thickness: 1.0 mil to 4.0 mil