Intelligent Random Box Sizer System
Tension’s Intelligent Random Box Sizer is designed specifically for online order fulfillment distribution centers where single, multiple, loose or grouped products are packaged in cartons for shipping. It’s built to manage a random stream of order sizes, groupings and cartons.
The system intelligently measures the empty volume left in a loaded carton. It then adjusts itself to cut, crease, fold and seal the flaps down securely around the goods. The result is a carton with reduced required volume and associated void fill — both can lead to exceptional cost savings.
Your packed boxes may have multiple-sized orders, different weights and various dimensions. The Intelligent Random Box Sizer System is designed to manage the random-sized boxes in your distribution center.
Reduce Your Rates
Random Box Sizing
Don't Be Boxed In
Pack It In
Why pay extra for air? With new shipping rates effective in January 2015, most shipping rates have been calculated based only on the weight of a package. Lightweight, large volume packages have become unprofitable for freight carriers because of the amount of space they take up in proportion to their actual weight. New shipping rates will be based on the Dimensional Weight (DIM), which is a billing calculation that takes into account the length x width x height divided by a specific DIM factor.
The Intelligent Random Box Sizer System makes your shipping dollars go further. This innovative system:
- Uses your standard cartons, no material contract is required.
- Reduces the DIM size of random size cartons for more efficient shipping and lower rates.
- Makes your outgoing package less expensive and more environmentally friendly by reducing volume and void fill.
- Decreases the size of your shipping cartons and enables you to ship more products out of your DC using less space on outgoing trucks.
- Can eliminate the required number of different size cartons, thereby increasing the volume of like sizes purchased and improving efficiencies.
- Maximize labor savings — automation takes care of most sizes and makes for more efficient hand packing.
- Automates carton sealing for labor savings and more secure cartons.
- Improves the returns handling process because the cartons are smaller.
- Return cartons come back in with less void fill, reducing your distribution center’s waste.
Contact Tension today to learn more about automating your order fulfillment process.