TensionScan is a hand-held selection and verification device designed to improve efficiency and reduce errors in the picking of products in pharmacies. It is simple, easy-to-use, and can be tailored to suit a pharmacy’s specific requirements.
TensionScan is a proven technology that easily integrates into your current operation. TensionScan receives an order, then:
- Alerts a technician about product requests and quantities.
- Develops the quickest route to retrieve the product.
- Monitors inventory levels.
Using a multi-step verification process, TensionScan ensures patient orders are completed accurately and quickly. Increase the TensionScan's impact by coupling it with a Pharmashelve shelving system.
Keep it Real
Pick Up Speed
Using a multi-step verification process, TensionScan ensures patient orders are completed accurately and quickly.
How It Works
TensionScan handheld devices carry product details and the precise address of each product. With optimized route planning, TensionScan identifies the most time-efficient route in your stock area.
- Each product has a shelf or storage position known as an address. TensionScan reviews the addresses of all products ordered and indicates the best order in which to pick the products.
- TensionScan directs the technician to the precise location of each product via the handheld device, and the ordered medicines are selected, picked, scanned and online verified.
- Barcode scanning at the point of picking provides instant validation that the correct product has been selected.
- Paperless order picking reduces the amount of paper handling and the corrections that have to be made to an order. Additionally, delivery documents are available once the picking is completed.
TensionScan improves your technician efficiency, increasing your capacity within the same square footage.
TensionScan improves accuracy by providing instant verification, therefore reducing selection error. It allows for accurate stock identification and can direct users to additional stock locations within the picking process. All products are picked and verified according to pick list/manifest.
Improve your worker's efficiency with TensionScan's optimized routing, allowing for rapid stock identification and selection as well as significant "real-time" savings. Online data information is transferred at the point of selection, and TensionScan identifies opportunities for batch picking when multiple selections of the same drug are requested for different units or addresses.
Improve Inventory Management
Overages, outages and expired meds can eat away at potential profits. TensionScan allows for live stock variations/shortages within the selection process. It speeds up out-of-stock reporting and aids replenishment using a barcoded mapping and location system.