Ideal of batch run packaging of similarly sized items.
Create durable packages with a protective pouch.
Use TEN Tuff cold seal packaging material.
Eliminates need for void fill or warm-up time.
The SP900 uses Cold Seal technology, a process which produces sturdy-seal packages for your customer that are tear- and water-resistant. Packages are created using TEN Tuff material, which is packaging material where the inside is lined with latex coating. When pressed together with a second layer of TEN Tuff cohesive material, a tough, reliable seal is created.
How It Works
The machine uses two rolls of cold seal material to make the protective pouch: Choose the length, place the contents onto the Cold Seal consumable material, and the SP900 does the rest. Your customer’s protective, tamper-resistant package is created in seconds.
- The lower web of the material runs over the infeed table and carries the product into the sealing portion.
- The upper roll of material joins the product to form the protective pouch.
- The end seals and length cutoff are done simultaneously in the sealing head.
Choose either a hand-fed or automatic operation depending on the product or products.
The SP900 creates a “ravioli-style” package eliminates the need for void-fill and provides an extra layer of protection over polybags. When using Tension’s SP900, you choose one of Tension’s Ten Tuff packaging materials:
- Brown corrugate
- White/brown corrugate
- Liner board
- Wave flute
Each of these consumables can include text, graphics or other images that enhance your brand image. They can also include an optional perforated tear strip across the package’s face to make opening a cinch for your customer.
- No queuing
- Thermal ribbon usage reduced as much as 90% with simple adjustments
- Longer lasting constantly heated sealing mechanism
- Off-the-shelf parts
The SP900 is easy to integrate into your operation. It has minimal electrical requirements and no warm-up or cool-off time. With your SP900:
- Package length is changed easily.
- Touchscreen control panel allows for ease of operation.
- 5′ infeed table and a 3′ exit conveyor.
Options allow you to customize the system to your unique requirements.
- SP900-12: (LxDxH) 160″ x 66.5″ x 50″; Min/Max Package Size of 4″ x 5″/12″ x 20″ x 2.5″
- SP900-18: (LxDxH) 171″ x 73″ x 60″; Min/Max Package Size of 4″ x 6″/18″ x 34″ x 5″
- SP900-24: (LxDxH) 177″ x 73″ x 75″; Min/Max Package Size of 6″ x 6″/24″ x 34″ x 5″
- SP900-36: (LxDxH) 177″ x 73″ x 75″; Min/Max Package Size of 6″ x 6″/24″ x 34″ x 5″
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- 115 volts, 1 phase, 60 hz., 15 amps
- Roll printer
- Quick change pneumatic
- Print and apply
- Batch counter
- Perforators for easy-open
- Extended infeed and exit conveyors
- Label applicators
- Book shuttles
The Max 24 provides huge gains in throughput
OPEN AND SEALED
Bags are automatically opened, filled with product and then sealed
Troubleshoot with manuals and video clips on the HMI
Next bag is automatically prepared with the vacuum assist