Protective packaging for extra defense.
Scan, weigh, and create ready-to-ship packages.
Easily form packages with the joint roll system.
Feed cold seal material for automatic packaging.
The SP600-3D is designed to save you money, improve your productivity, and better utilize your warehouse space. Popular with book publishers or any manufacturer who needs some extra protection for their goods, this automated packer creates shipping-ready, 3D style packages. Tension’s SP600 comes in two models, the 600-18 and 600-36, and can be custom designed to meet your specific packaging needs.
How it Works
The SP600-3D uses two rolls of cold seal material to make the protective pouch.
- The lower web of the material runs over the infeed table and carries the product into the sealing portion.
- The upper roll of material joins the product to form the protective pouch.
- The end seals and length cutoff are done simultaneously in the sealing head of the system.
- Your SP600 can be customized to meet your specific Internet order fulfillment needs. With the available options, it can also scan, package, weight capture and label.
When distribution center space is at a premium, trust the SP600-3D to maximize your square footage. Other features include:
- Preset-length counters to regulate the package size.
- 6″-high package capability with the SP600-18.
- 10″-high package capability for the SP600-36.li>
- Length through the system is only limited by what can be supported on the infeed table.
Cold Seal Cohesive Material
The SP600-3D uses corrugate TEN Tuff cohesives. The fluted, single-face corrugate paper guards your customer’s contents from some of the typical rigors of the mailing process without the need for additional void-fill. The resulting package is suited for a range of products including books, trophies or machinery parts.
- 600-18 Package Size: Minimum – 4″ x 5″; Maximum – 18″ x 36″; Height – Up to 6″
- 600-36 Package Size: Minimum – 4″ x 12″; Maximum – 36″ x 48″; Height – Up to 10″
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- Electrical: 240 VAC, Single Phase, 20 amps
- Air: 80 PSI
- 600-18 Footprint (Length x Depth x Height): 220″ x 63″ x 78″
- 600–36 Footprint (Length x Depth x Height): 220″ x 92″ x 72″
- Scan, print and apply labeling systems
- Package and label verification software
- Inline scale to confirm actual weight for rate shopping and manifesting
- EZ Opening perforating devices
- Electronic eye for developing variable-length packages
- Packaging sortation systems
- Full integration to your WMS, order management system and/or shipping software