Ideal packaging system for mailing different items.
Customized to fit your operation’s needs.
Improve productivity and reduce labor time.
Trust the SP9000 to create tough, sturdy packaging that safely delivers your customers’ packages. Ideal for books, DVDs, and other goods that require more protection than polybags, the SP9000 system is easy to use and to integrate into your operation.
The SP9000’s cold seal packaging system creates a “ravioli-style” package with a flat top and protective pouch to keep your customer’s orders safe, eliminating the need for void fill.
How It Works
The SP9000 uses two rolls of cohesive, latex-lined material to create a tamper-resistant package.
- An operator loads the 8-foot infeed conveyor, placing the package’s contents in one of the five stations.
- Package length is selected by the electronic eye, adjusting the length to save packaging material and related shipping costs.
- The infeed conveyor carries the product to the sealing head, where both rolls of material come together to form the protective pouch.
- The ends are sealed and the package is cut off simultaneously in the sealing head of the system.
Choose either a hand-fed or automatic operation depending on the product or products.
Easy to Integrate
The SP9000 can make an immediate impact on your order fulfillment needs. It easily integrates into your distribution center:
- Cold Seal’s low temperature means low electrical needs.
- Integrates with your warehouse management system for fast print-and-apply labeling.
- 3′ exit conveyor deposits packages into a Gaylord or other conveyor system.
Contact your Tension
Account Executive today to learn more about automating your order fulfillment process.
- SP9000-18: (LxDxH) 190″ x 60″ x 87″; Min/Max Package Size of 4″ x 6″/18″ x 24″; Max Package Height – 5″
- SP9000-24: (LxDxH) 190″ 66″ 87″; Min/Max Package Size of 10″ x 10″/24″ x 24″; Max Package Height – 5″
- SP9000-24-8: (LxDxH) 196″ x 66″ x 87″; Min/Max Package Size of 10″ x 10″/24″ x 24″; Max Package Height –
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- SP9000-18: Electrical 115 VAC, Single Phase, 15 AMPS; Airfeed 6 CFM @ 80 PSI
- SP9000-24: Electrical 115 VAC, Single Phase, 15 AMPS; Airfeed 6 CFM @ 80 PSI
- SP9000-24-8: Electrical 115 VAC, Single Phase, 15 AMPS; Airfeed 11 CFM @ 80 PSI
- Belted infeed for long or irregular shaped products
- Quick change pneumatic spindles
- Single or multiple friction feeders for automatic collating
- Scan, print and apply labeling systems
- Corrugate, wave flute, liner board and white/brown TEN Tuff packaging options
- Perforators for easy-open packages