Horizontal PolyBagger & Conveyor - HPC
The Horizontal PolyBagger and Conveyor (HPC) is easy to use and quick to integrate into your operations. The HPC creates shipping-ready packages in seconds, integrating Next-Bag-Out technology to ensure your scanned orders match the polybag's contents.
Boost your distribution center's productivity with this Tension-exclusive, automated polybagger:
- Minimizes operator movement for ergonomic efficiency.
- Includes best-in-class technologies to drive the productivity and efficiency.
- Helps manage seasonal order spikes.
- Can interface with your warehouse management system.
Items are placed on the loading tray and an operator pushes them gently into a polybag. The HPC's vacuum-assist bag openers allow easy loading and minimum operator movement. Lastly, the integrated takeaway conveyor delivers the package to a Gaylord or other takeaway conveyor.
Easy to Use
What It Does
Tension Packaging & Automation’s HPC is designed to increase your productivity and save you money. With seasonal spikes in orders, you understand the importance of having technology you can rely on. Whether you plan ahead for the rush or need an immediate solution to your increased business, a Tension polybagger provides a simple and cost-effective solution.
How It Works
Tension’s polybaggers incorporate Next-Bag-Out technology to eliminate bag queuing and therefore costly shipping mistakes. To operate the HPC:
- The operator scans the order with an adjustable scanner.
- Customer records are accessed, and the customer’s address label is printed and applied to the bag.
- The bag is opened with metal grippers and the operator places the product into the bag. The vacuum assist creates an open space for a smooth entry.
- The operator initiates bag closure with a foot pedal or optional light curtain. The bag is heat sealed using the sealing bar. Safety features ensure that sealing mechanism enacts only when all hands are clear.
This 1-to-1 indexing of scanned orders to printed bags ensures that the “next bag out” matches the order.
Your HPC polybagger incorporates best-in-class technologies and features to keep your machine running fast. Features include:
- 12" touchscreen HMI and networkable PC running Windows® 7, allowing your operator to quickly access necessary information.
- An Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1400 PLC, ensuring that your HPC runs fast with minimal downtime.
- A PC-based system includes manuals and video clips that can be displayed on the 12" color touchscreen, which allows for easy troubleshooting and operator education.
- Multiple cost saving opportunities, including a reduction in material waste from no queuing, reduced scrap and material cost with the moveable printing head, reduced ribbon usage with the Videojet, a long-lasting heated sealing mechanism, and off-the-shelf parts.
Easy to Integrate Into Your Operation
The HPC simultaneously offers a small footprint and large bag capacity of up to 20" wide to 30" long, ensuring an easy integration into your distribution center. Its 6" pass-through meets most standard order fulfillment needs, or an optional 10" pass-through provides a solution for distribution centers that package larger items and orders. Each cycle is initiated by the operator, and once the bag is sealed it is taken away on the integrated conveyor.
- Adjustable infeed: 6" standard pass-through 10" optional XL pass-through
- Bag sizes: 5" x 51⁄2" up to 20" x 30"
- Bag thickness: 1.0 mil to 4.0 mil
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited, to staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- Electrical: 110 VAC, 15 Amps
- Air feed: 80 PSI of clean dry air
- Footprint (Length x Depth x Height):
- 6" pass through: 59 3/4" x 52 1/4" 66 1/2"
- 10” pass through: 60" x 59 1/2" x 68"
- Fixed Load Height: 36"