Boost your distribution center’s productivity with Tension’s SP9000, a Cold Fusion automated packing system. Designed specifically for mailing variably sized items, the SP9000 intakes a continuous stream of products then determines the package length accordingly. It is ideal for packing rectangular items such as books, CDs or DVDs.
In typical order fulfillment operations, the SP9000 operates with far greater speed and efficiency than hand packing. The SP9000:
- Improves operator productivity, reducing labor costs per package.
- Creates variably sized packages, sized for each unique order.
- Uses TEN Tuff cohesive material for sturdy, tough packaging.
- Can be customized for your specific operation.
Keep it Simple
Seals and Protects
Max Your Uptime
Trust the SP9000 to create tough, sturdy packaging that will safely deliver your customers’ packages. Ideal for books, DVDs, and other goods that require more protection than polybags, the SP9000 system is easy to use and to integrate into your operation.
The SP9000’s Cold Fusion system creates a “ravioli-style” package with a flat top and protective pouch to keep your customer’s orders safe, eliminating the need for void fill.
How It Works
The SP9000 uses two rolls of cohesive, latex-lined material to create a tamper-resistant package.
- An operator loads the 8-foot infeed conveyor, placing the package’s contents in one of the five stations.
- Package length is selected by the electronic eye, adjusting the length to save packaging material and related shipping costs.
- The infeed conveyor carries the product to the sealing head, where both rolls of material come together to form the protective pouch.
- The ends are sealed and the package is cut off simultaneously in the sealing head of the system.
Easy to Integrate
The SP9000 can make an immediate impact on your order fulfillment needs. It easily integrates into your distribution center:
- Cold Fusion’s low temperature means low electrical needs.
- Integrates with your warehouse management system for fast print-and-apply labeling.
- 3' exit conveyor deposits packages into a Gaylord or other conveyor system.
Contact your Tension Account Executive today to learn more about automating your order fulfillment process.
- SP9000-18: (LxDxH) 190" x 60" x 87"; Min/Max Package Size of 4" x 6"/18" x 24"; Max Package Height - 5"
- SP9000-24: (LxDxH) 190" 66" 87"; Min/Max Package Size of 10" x 10"/24" x 24"; Max Package Height - 5"
- SP9000-24-8: (LxDxH) 196" x 66" x 87"; Min/Max Package Size of 10" x 10"/24" x 24"; Max Package Height - 8"
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- SP9000-18: Electrical 115 VAC, Single Phase, 15 AMPS; Airfeed 6 CFM @ 80 PSI
- SP9000-24: Electrical 115 VAC, Single Phase, 15 AMPS; Airfeed 6 CFM @ 80 PSI
- SP9000-24-8: Electrical 115 VAC, Single Phase, 15 AMPS; Airfeed 11 CFM @ 80 PSI