PolyBubble AutoPacker (PBAP-V2)
Flexibility is built into this versatile polybubble bagging system. Ideal for operations packing multiple size items or items that need a little extra protection, the PolyBubble AutoPacker-V2’s (PBAP) has a variety of applications. Its automatic feed-to-length technology creates shipping-ready packaging specific to your package's unique length.
Reduce costs and waste by minimizing unnecessary packaging material. Additionally:
- Bubble wrap provides extra protection for your customer's order.
- Integrated conveyor moves packages to a Gaylord or other conveyor.
- Features best-in-class component parts.
Get premium performance from Tension's PBAP.
Easy to Use
On the Move
The PolyBubble AutoPacker-V2 (PBAP) can make an immediate impact in your distribution center. This automated polybubble bagger features best-in-class components such as an Allen Bradley Mircrologix 1400 Series PLC, Festo cylinders, and the high-resolution HMI (Human Machine Interface) with color touchscreen, driving the highest performance in your direct-to-consumer order fulfillment process.
In addition to reducing cost and waste within your order fulfillment operation, it is easy to maintain and can improve your efficiency and accuracy.
Variably Sized Packages
Tension’s PBAP creates ready-to-ship packaging specific to your package's unique length. By selecting the automatic feed-to-length feature, you are able to create variably sized packages. Variably sized packages help:
- Improve operator efficiency – adjusts automatically without human intervention.
- Reduce bag waste – use only what is needed.
- Reduce environmental impact – eliminates the need for excess packages.
When the feed-to-length feature is selected, a fiber-optic photo eye mounted inside the film web detects the product once it is loaded. The eye then senses the trailing edge of the product as the polybubble film is fed, automatically setting the film length based on the length of the individual product.
Cost Saving Opportunities
In addition to driving improved operator efficiency, the PBAP offers many cost saving opportunities:
- Bag length adjusts to the size of the package, reducing waste from oversized bags.
- Low-Temp Sealing technology reduces seal blade wear and replacement needs.
- Optimizes shipping costs when interfaced with your shipping software.
- Automates the packing process and is significantly faster than hand packing.
- Print and Apply labeling option, 1-to-1 scanning option helps reduce human error that can accompany hand operations.
How It Works
The PBAP is ergonomically designed to run fast and clean. The operator controls the operation:
- Product is hand loaded into the open bag (located above the sealing assembly).
- The cycle is initiated by a touch palm switch or the light curtain. The operator must clear the light curtain before the machine will function.
- The sealing assembly closes and makes the polybubble bag around the product.
- The completed PolyBubble Bag drops to the take-away conveyor once the system cycles.
- The completed package then travels to a shipping Gaylord or to another conveyor system for sorting.
- Adjustable product loading: 2"–6"
- Bag sizes: 5" x 6" up to 13" x 19"
- Bag thickness: Up to 3/8" bubble material
- Hand-fed load height: 40" +/- 2"
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- Electrical: 110 VAC, 60 Hz, single phase
- Air feed: 80 PSI Clean dry air
- Footprint (Length x Depth x Height): With Conveyor - 127" x 83" x 83"
- Footprint (Length x Depth x Height): Without Conveyor - 127" x 48" x 83"