Jumpstart Pharmacy System (JSS)
The Jumpstart Pharmacy System (JSS) allows mail-order, central-fill, hospital and specialty pharmacies to enjoy the benefits of pharmacy automation without a high minimum script threshold. Requiring low capital and minimum space, the JSS Jumpstart can help your pharmacy leapfrog the competition with a system that grows with you.
The JSS features a center tote conveyor line, then includes processing stations and additional lines at multiple levels depending on your pharmacy's configuration. The JSS:
- Reduces costs and errors.
- Allows you to automate sooner.
- Optimizes your workspace.
- Fits within a small footprint.
Traditional workflow solutions require operations personnel and pharmacists to move around the pharmacy and fill orders. The Tension JSS is designed to bring orders to your team, allowing it to be more efficient.
Keep it Low
Watch It Grow
Squeezed for Space?
The JSS is an entry-level automation system for mail-order, central-fill, hospital and specialty pharmacies. It is ideal for pharmacies with dispense rates under 2,500 prescriptions per eight-hour shift. With a low cost of entry, the JSS is a cost-efficient approach for introducing automation to your pharmacy.
Optimize Workflow and Reduce Costs
Traditional workflow solutions require operations personnel and pharmacists to move around the pharmacy and fill orders. The Tension JSS is designed to bring orders to your team, allowing it to be more efficient. Greater efficiency leads to reduced labor costs thanks to optimized staffing.
The JSS optimizes your key assets, minimizing requirements for pharmacists and technicians while increasing dispensing accuracy and quality. FTE requirements per prescription are actually reduced with the JSS.
Scalable System, Small Footprint
The JSS is built around a center tote conveyor line with multiple levels customized to your pharmacy. This multi-level conveyor saves space while automating the movement of totes through various processing stations. The top conveyor(s) transports totes with new orders to different stations where orders are processed. Once completed, the tote travels back to the packaging and order delivery area. The lower level conveyor returns empty totes back to the order entry station. This provides a constant supply of empty totes for use on new orders.
The system is fully modular and scalable, so it can grow with you. Mix and match various combinations of order processing stations to ensure your volume requirements are covered. If your needs change – simply reconfigure the stations. Order processing station options include:
- Order entry.
- Automated tablet counting.
- Manual counting.
- Tabletop cold packaging for refrigerated drugs.
- Units-of-use or prepack filling.
- Pharmacist verification.
- Sorting and manifesting.
Transition the System as You Grow
Tension’s system layouts are custom designed to allow you to take advantage of the best opportunities for growth and cost reduction. The system can easily transition as your business grows.
- Start with the necessities - The JSS starts with a basic conveyor system and a variety of manual processing stations set up to handle the present requirements for dispensing, verification and packing.
- Upgrade or interchange equipment - ScriptPro's Pill Dispensing Robots can be easily interchanged and upgraded, off-setting costs of new equipment.
- Transition equipment as you grow - Equipment that is not required at the start of a new facility can be transitioned in as the new site ramps up and the old site ramps down, thereby utilizing your initial investment as you grow your business.
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited, to staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability, order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.