Increase operator accuracy by ensuring each label matches the intended package
Improve the Intake
Up your operator’s efficiency by removing the time-consuming step of peeling and applying a label
Interfaced for Info
Interface with your distribution center’s WMS or packing software for order information
Modules are frequently integrated into your automated packing machine
Put Tension Print and Apply solutions to work for you. When compared to time-consuming hand operations, Print and Apply automated solutions decrease your labor costs and increase order accuracy. Tension selects field-tested, best-in-class components to integrate into its automated baggers, SLAM lines (Scanning, Labeling and Manifesting), and custom solutions.
How it Works:
Your Print and Apply solution can be either standalone or integrated with your distribution center’s warehouse management system. In typical operations:
- The barcode is scanned to identify the package.
- The package is weighed, and the best shipping rate is determined.
- The shipping label is printed and applied.
- The shipping label is scanned once more to ensure the label and intended package match, and that the correct labels are on each package.
The Print and Apply module communicates with your WMS or standalone system throughout this process.
Putting the Pieces Together
Tension’s Automated Print and Apply systems have several components depending on your operation and your automated packing needs. In addition to the printer or labels, scanners, scales and softwares can all be part of Print and Apply solutions. Typical systems can include:
- Barcode scanners for package identification.
- Print/apply machine to produce the label.
- Infeed or outbound conveyors to expedite the packing process.
- Scanner to read and verify the printed label.
- Software which interfaces with your WMS.
- Shipping software to determine the best pricing.
Contact us to learn more about how Tension Print and Apply systems can save you money, improve your accuracy and up your efficiency.
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.