The BPM is configured to accommodate your space and requirements
IN THE FOLD
Auto-Fold crisply folds and inserts patient-specific documentation automatically
CHECK, CHECK, CHECK
Multi-step verification matches bottles & vials to package, assuring accuracy
Automatically packs single and multiple bottles into a shipping-ready package
The Bottle Packaging Machine (BPM) helps you optimize your central-fill or mail-order pharmacy. A high-output automated prescription packaging system for one to four bottles and vials, the BPM increases accuracy, throughput and efficiency for your pharmaceutical operation.
Increase Speed and Throughput
Are you looking to increase the speed and accuracy of your prescription fulfillment operations? The fully-automated BPM operates at rates significantly faster than a packaging clerk, packing prescriptions and patient-specific documents in bags that are printed on-demand. It can easily interface to a single bottle line or puck based conveyance system, and comes in multiple configurations for a customized system to fit your needs. Most pharmacies select Tension’s Scan-Print-Pack-Seal configuration for optimal efficiency. In addition to improved throughput, the BPM provides multi-stage verification to assure accuracy.
Tension’s automated systems feature a multi-stage verification process and remain the most accurate and efficient solution on the market today:
Each patient-specific barcode is automatically scanned and matched to an order.
Patient-specific documents are printed, folded and verified without human intervention.
All prescriptions and documents are inserted into the printed or labeled package, and the patient’s order is sealed. If any of the scans do not read or do not match, the system rejects the order for review by a technician.
- Actual throughput/output varies by operation. Factors including, but not limited to, staffing levels and productivity, workflow presentation, data/scanning interfaces, product availability and order/product mix impact results. Contact Tension for details.
- Electrical: 208 3-phase, 5 wire, 30 amps
- Air feed: 5 CFM/90 PSI of clean, dry air
- Pass through: Up to 6″ bag thickness, 1.0 to 4.0 mil
- Bag dimensions: 12” width x 12” length for standard configurations; 12″ width x 14.75″ length for multi-vial prescriptions.